Michael and I went for our physicals today. That is the last of the paperwork except for the creation of 3 paper profiles. Two of them go to the local LDS Family Services office and the third is our copy. I have been gathering pictures of us for those.
We will be writing the letter to the birth mother and answering a bunch of personal questions about ourselves online.
Then we each have a personal interview with our social worker and then they do a home study (visit our home and make sure its a safe environment.)
I'm getting excited. Some adoptions the birth mother chooses you just before the birth and you have to hurry and purchase baby things and get things ready, and in some cases travel to where she is. So, in light of that possibility I am picking out a few necessities to have when the baby arrives. I would like to have a travel system (car seat base, stroller, carrier), diapers, soap, wipes, and a few pairs of clothes that are not specifically boy or girl things.
Maybe that's crazy but, I just can't help myself.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm getting so excited for you. This is all so wonderful. So do you already know who the birth mother is? Are you doing a closed or open adoption and when will you know if you are getting a girl or boy? Keep us updated!
Girl - you are definitely not going overboard. It's always better to be prepared and shopping is one of the funniest things to do anyway. We too are so excited for you guys and can't wait for the post when baby Duncan arrives.
That is so sweet that you are going shopping! How fun! As always you are so organized and prepared. You think into everything.
Overboard? No way! You have as much fun as you want. You are gonna be a Mommy after all. This is just the beginning of the I.N.S.A.N.I.T.Y. that is motherhood. Go all out. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment