Thursday, February 12, 2009

Christopher, Tomoko and Miriam Lawton

My friend Tomoko from church embroidered a square using Japanese characters. It says Eternal Family.


Michael and I are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We believe that the power to act in God's name (the Priesthood) and to bind things on earth and in heaven was lost from the earth not long after Christ's resurrection. We also believe that Jesus Christ restored his church and with it the Priesthood through the Prophet Joseph Smith. This is especially important because through the power of the Priesthood we can be married to each other in the temple for time and all eternity. And any children born to us through that union will be sealed to our family for time and all eternity. Michael and I were married for time and all eternity in the Orlando temple on December 21, 2001.


After our adoption is finalized we can return again to the temple to have the baby sealed to us since they were not born to us. I can not wait for that day! It will be beautiful, we will be in a beautiful room with stained glass windows, all wearing white and make covenants to love and care for each other for time and all eternity.


I am so grateful for this blessing!

http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/membership-in-christ-s-church/forever-families#d

1 comment:

The French Family said...

Isn't knowing that families can be sealed together forever a wonderful thing! Like you I can't help but smile when I think of that gospel principle. I'm so happy for you and Mike. Much love!