I love that she chose a fabric that depicts how we feel about living in a free country.
My dad was born in Cuba and lived there for a time during the beginning of Castro's communist reign. He has instilled in all of his children a love and respect for the United States and a caution that we must always vote and pay attention to what is going on in our country because history repeats itself.
My dad returned to Cuba for the first time 3 years ago. He hadn't been there in nearly 40 years. He enjoyed his trip with his mom, sisters and brother. They were able to see my Great Grandma for the last time, she passed away several weeks after my dad returned home.
Here he is with my great grandma - Mama Yoya, my grandma - Mama, and my great aunt - Tia Chiki during their trip.
Isn't he cute?
3 comments:
I love that material. I agree with you and your dad, it is so important to be aware of what is going on in our country. If you don't watch Glen Beck, you really should. He is on the Fox News Channel.
I had no idea you were Cuban. AG's mom is from there and they fled when she was a teenager--she has yet to go back, but someday.
Rachela, I agree but, mostly I don't watch the news or I feel like the sky is falling. That is Michael's job!
Allison, my dad left when he was 13 he came out with his sister and later he met up with the rest of his family in Mexico. Then they moved to NYC and then Utah. His oldest brother was drafted in Cuba before his family left and he wasn't free to come to the US until I was 3. So they didn't see him for quite a long time!
Post a Comment