Well we have had our first major up and down in this process. We had a birth mother contact us about a week and a half ago. We spoke with her on the phone and through email and we thought she was great. We also thought the situation was great. She was from Utah so we could have stayed with my sister part of the time, she was having a girl and she was due in less than a month. Unfortunately, last night she told us that she had been trying to decide between us and another couple and she felt strongly that the other adoptive couple was meant to raise her child.
So we are sad. But, we know there is a little one out there that the Lord has in mind for our family.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm sorry that you've had your first taste of the bitterness, but hang in there. All of the ups and downs and so worth it when things work out and your child comes home to you. Trust me. If you ever need a shoulder, we're here for you.
Thanks Kim. It is good to know there are people out there that know how this feels.
We started the process with LDS family services a few years ago. They told us that are odds were not high because we had two healthy daughters already. I will not try to relate to how you feel because I won't be able to, but know that you are in our prayers.
Thanks Francis! We are so grateful to everyone praying for us.
Wow- that would be really emotional. That's great that she was choosing between the two of you, and sounded like she was trying to be in tune. I know things will work out for you.
p.s I meant it was great she was choosing between the two of you- because I know a couple who hasn't even been considered in 3 years and they are wonderful. Just wanted to clarify. I'm sure it's still really hard just the same. Love you guys!
Is the couple you know on parentprofiles.com? That is where we get contacts from. It is a good website and there is a discount for people going through most agencies. They just need to contact their agency and see if they have a coupon code for parentprofiles.com
Not sure, I know that they've been on the LDS site forever. Thanks, though, I'll let them know.
Post a Comment