Friday, January 23, 2009

Christopher, Elisabeth, Emma and Makayla Wozniak

Elisabeth is one of my dearest friends. We got to stay with them for a few weeks when Michael was working in Sarasota. She was the best person I could have been with at that time because that was when I found out that the NYC treatment had failed. She was everything a friend should be to help me get through it. I also very much enjoyed spending time with her little girls.

Christopher chose a fabric with stars. He sent a lullaby that his mom used to sing to him and he now sings to Emma and Makayla. The girls call it "Daddy's Lullaby" The first line is, "The stars are out, the moon is up."


Elisabeth chose a Winnie the Pooh fabric because she fell in love with the characters and simplicity of the story when she began buying things for her babies. She sent a sweet quote by Christopher Robin.


Emma sent a scrap with lions on it because she has a lion blankie that was passed down to her from her mom (it was originally a gift to Elisabeth from her great uncle).


Kayla's Grammie recently found a blanket that had belonged to Elisabeth when she was a little girl and she gave it to Kayla. Kayla was instantly attached to it and she sent a square that looks just like the material from her special blankie.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

So how many scraps do you have now?

Duncan Chronicles said...

I have posted 31 squares, I have 5 more I need to post about and know of 11 others on their way to me. So we are doing well!

Elisabeth said...

That is awesome!